Nomination & Elections
Election of Board of Directors
- The nominating committee consisting of the President and Past President will send to members, calls for nominations for any open positions for Vice-Presidents, Secretary & Information Management, Treasurer, and Divisional Liaison by February 1 of the year of the election.
- Nominations of Corporation officer candidates will be made by any member, who may nominate themselves or another member. A written nomination (via e-mail) is to be sent to the nominating committee no later than March 1 of the year of the election.
- Nominees may be contacted by the nominating committee to ensure interest and qualifications. The nominating committee will present the nominees to members by sending out an e-mail vote no later than April 1 with returns no later than May 1.
- The candidate(s) with the largest number of votes shall be declared elected. The new slate will be announced and approved at the ASAC conference meetings.
Election of Divisional Officers
Divisional officers shall be nominated and elected by members of the Division in a manner determined by the Division. Election of any other elective members of the board of directors shall be as follows:
- each member of the Association has the right to vote for as many candidates as there are places to be filled
- those candidates who receive the largest number of votes shall be declared elected
Become a Member
Our membership is designed to ensure you find the right fit to experience a truly rewarding and long-term relationship with the ASAC. Find out today how being a part of ASAC can benefit you.
New Member Setup
New CJAS Editor in Chief announced: Michel Laroche, Concordia University
ASAC 2018 Conference: May 27-29, Ryerson University, Toronto
Your ASAC membership includes a CJAS subscription. Login to the Member Portal and find instructions for accessing the journal articles in the Members Restricted Access area.
Check out job postings from Canadian universities.